Show & tell: Ruger MkIII paint job

TrueBlue711

Just finished a cerakote job on my Ruger MkIII. It's a bit on the nerdy side and if you're over the age of 50 and never played the old Nintendo Duck Hunt, you'll have no idea what this is. See attached pic.

And no, I don't have kids, so there isn't a threat of a child in the house accidently using it as a toy.

Attachments

• MkIII v2.jpg
    MkIII v2.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 125
Looks great! Very nice job. I have to wonder though if a Buckmark might have been a better candidate because of it possibly having more similarities in its overall shape to the Nintendo zapper.

I'm sure you will have fun with it though and get lots of attention.

Now just go and load it up with some snake shot and hand throw some clays for yourself.

Pretty well done.

But... not for me.

The pedantic a-hole in me has to point out:
The "Zapper" logo was only ever printed on the right side of the gun (whether orange/grey or grey/grey). And Nintendo complicated it further than that.
The right side should read "©1985 Nintendo®" with "Zapper™" angling up underneath the end of Nintendo -- as you have recreated pretty well in basic form.

I'm not pointing that out for my own gratification, however. It's to bring up the fact that the Nintendo lawyers are some seriously devoted people; and the company, as a whole, is very litigious. I wouldn't be surprised if you get a cease and desist letter, simply so they can get a reply in writing that you aren't producing the item(s) for resale.

Nintendo is more litigious than any other video game company, ever.
(Except, maybe, Commodore. They were vicious and brutal in their prime! But they're dead, so it doesn't matter any more.)

Keep it locked up . . .

Great paint job but the toy look makes is a seriously dangerous firearm. Will trust that it's locked up when not in use.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Back