Shout Out To Ruger

Eddiejoe

I bought a New Model Blackhawk at an auction.
I was examining it the other day when I noticed the screw just in front of the trigger guard was missing.
Thank God I didn't try to fire it!
I called Ruger customer service, explained the situation, and they sent me the screw free of charge!
I have read many posts here about customer service experiences. Ruger uniformly gets positive reviews.
One more won't hurt!
Thank you Ruger Customer Service!!!!!

I’m not expert with new model Ruger BH. You had to watch for frame screws loose on 3screw guns. Loose screw can shear head off and PIA to get out. I think new models have nyloc screws. Still you should keep eye on magnums for loose screws. Ruger always had good CS.

I’m not expert with new model Ruger BH. You had to watch for frame screws loose on 3screw guns. Loose screw can shear head off and PIA to get out. I think new models have nyloc screws. Still you should keep eye on magnums for loose screws. Ruger always had good CS.
Yup, you sure do have to keep an eye on revolver loose screws! Great to hear yet another positive Ruger CS report.

I have several Ruger single actions sense 1976 and have learned to ck the screws, they do shoot loose. hdbiker

Ruger customer service is absolutely outstanding. I bought a very hard-used Ruger Standard .22 pistol one time. It had numerous internal parts that were basically worn-out, so I sent it into Ruger for repair, fully expecting (and happy to pay) a significant bill. They replaced all the parts and returned the gun to me at no charge. They did include a note that since the gun was so old that if I sent it in again they would have to bill me for fixing it. Mind, I was far from the original owner and it was an *old* gun. Ruger wants its products to work and they stand behind them.

I have a SRH 454 (bought used) that would light primer strike and usually fire on the second round. Sent it back. They returned it with a baggie of aftermarket trigger springs and a note that they installed factory springs for free. Goes bang every time. Sent a used SR1911 that constantly jammed. They sent a brand new one.

They have excellent CS.

This is why I came up with "interference pins". The action screws are notorious for loosening in S.A.'s with a Colt type (3 screw but are available for Remies as well) action. The pins mount in the frame and rest on flats ground on the screwpins and the hammer screw head. They are a physical stop and are held in place by the back strap and trigger guard. The action screw can't get loose unless the TG and bs are removed.

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

The only problem i have with Ruger customer service is if you have any custom stuff on or in the gun it is a problem . Ruger will send it back like it was original when bought .
Years ago when the transfer bar was a new thing the Ruger was sent back with it installed . Still to day if any Ruger is sent in for service of any kind it will come back as it was new like it or not . Things like Porting Action jobs or Mag-Na-Port custom work is gone when you haave it back .

Thank God I didn't try to fire it!

Howdy

If just the screw in front of the trigger guard was missing, and you had gone ahead and fired it, I doubt if anything bad would have happened.

Ruger grip frames are held on by five screws. And unlike a Colt or colt clone, the grip frame is one piece. If the screw in front of the trigger guard on a Colt or colt clone was missing, that would have been a little bit more serious, because that would have been one screw missing out of three.

I have been doing a lot of messing with Rugers recently, taking them apart and taking lots of photos for another board. I bought my first Ruger, a 45 Colt/45ACP Blackhawk back in 1975.

pn6NKZCLj

As you can see here, there are five screws holding the grip frame on, and the grip frame is one solid piece. Nothing wrong with a little bit of caution, but if you had not noticed the missing screw, and all the others were snugged up tight, I'm pretty sure nothing bad would have happened. If you look carefully in this photo you will see that most of the screws have a locking patch of soft plastic on them.

poh9BJORj

Yes, Ruger customer service is legendary, and I am not surprised they sent you the screw for free. It is in their best interest to keep you as a satisfied customer rather than charge a few cents for a screw.

Back