Shoulder Holster for GP 100

Tyro,

Being a dedicated wheelgunner, I can wholeheartedly tell you that you should contact Sam Andrews in Florida and let him craft you one of his custom shoulder holsters. They cost scantly more than a production version and are far more comfortable. The entire harness is leather. No plastic connector to break. Also, an additional strap low on the harness keeps the rig from moving around so much. Unlike most leather artists, he will do custom configurations for shoulder holsters.

For instances, mine suspends my Smith & Wesson M-657 with a 3 inch barrel under my left arm. The holster has a finger break that secures behind the triggerguard and is broken automatically by my index finger during the draw motion. Great weapon retention tool. The holster also has a belt loop for emergency belt use should the need arise (i.e., one of the chicago screws comes loose and you have no spares). The offside carries three HKS speedloaders horizontally with my Greco MST knife vertically suspended behind them. If you practice one of the reloading disciplines that uses your strongside hand to manipulate the speedloader then this is a real plus as all you have to do is reach back, snap the pouch open, and pull the loader out. For me, it's faster than a belt mounted loader.

To conceal it I simply buy a windbreaker one or two sizes too big. All of the extra space is in the sides. You simply look loose and comfortable.

Alas, I do not have Sam's number handy. I'll see if I can retrieve it from home and post it later.

- Anthony

Back