Should I sell my x-bolt?

Kvon2

So I have a Browning x-bolt white gold medallion chambered in .223. its a beautiful firearm but I find myself not shooting it often because with similar optics and ammo I get better groups out of my stag m6.

I sold a gun for the first time this past year and although I was concerned I would miss it, I have no regrets.

What are you guys thoughts on this case and just on selling guns you don't shoot in general?

Sell it if you don't want it. With no sentimental value it's just a chunk of steel and wood. I've sold at least a couple of hundred guns over the decades. Also cars, tools, houses and other expensive items. The metric that one should never sell a gun has never made any sense to me. It's just an object you don't want or need.

If I don't shoot it or don't like it, and don't have some other attachment (heirloom, etc.), it must be dealt with.

A) Sell/trade.
B) Fix/improve/reconfigure.

It wouldn't apply to the X-Bolt, but there is also the rare option of:
C) Part it out. (I deal with a lot of basket cases. Sometimes, they just can't be saved.)

When I married my wife almost 34 years ago I promised to keep her. I've kept that promise. I made no such promises when I purchase a firearm; although there are some with family history that are not for sale. Other than that if I get a chance to upgrade, or if I no longer need or want one it goes down the road.

I've had a reason to purchase every firearm I've ever bought. Maybe I can't remember the reason and maybe it was a bad reason but I did have some kind of a reason so I pretty much hang onto everything.

Plus I'm a loyal follower of Cheapshooter's rules of acquisition.

I think about selling, but haven't brought myself to it, except once. Trade LCP that jammed 4 times. Might sell savage cause I hate it, and 3 ftf.

I was thinking about selling 30-06, hadn't used in 10 years. Shot buck with last year.

I like having back up too. Do you hunt with M6? If so I would keep it. If hunting nothing special, close to home, maybe doesn't matter.

I know have 2 rifles at deer camp.

I've sold at least a couple of hundred guns over the decades. Also cars, tools, houses and other expensive items.The metric that one should never sell a gun has never made any sense to me. It's just an object you don't want or need.
Makes sense to me. too.
If you don't want, need or use them, make way for other things.
My approach has been not acquire anything that doesn't have an actual use.
Keeps things simple.
Buying and selling stuff is a pain.

I think some people buy stuff more on a whim or something new. I am cheap and toss and turn on purchases.

Though if you buy and sell alot, the money is rolling over.

I got some guns, that are maybe if I get a chance to hunt something.

I am not into range toys much. I convince myself I need it for somethibg, no matter how thin an excuse.

Rather than selling it You could always rebarrel and chamber it for a round you would use. The only limit on it would be the action length. Still, a 243 or 308 would be a nice addition.:)

I never seem to sell 1 outright, I do trade once in a while but more often I just keep it and buy another, you never know when a friend might need a good rifle to hunt with in a pinch..

If your kids don't need bigger shoes or your wife a new toaster-keep it. The Browning x-bolt is a very nice rifle and one I'm sure that someday you'll regret getting rid of if you do.

What difference does selling a gun have to do with whether you bough new or used? Sounds like you make bad choices when it comes to buying used. Not sure why that would be though. Because cheaper, you don't put the thought into it?

Back