should i get a glock 27 or 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebob

I'm thinking about another pistol that is lighter than my para-ordnance p-13.
So what should it be- a glock 30 or a 27?

bbtitle1.gif

------------------
I got a short temper so watch it!

For strictly defense, I'd say the 27, because of concealibility and the .40's reliability slight edge. But if it's going to double as say, an IDPA gun, go with the 30. Of course, the obvious answer is get BOTH, like I did.

Say you are shooting the 180 HS in the G27 40, and the 230 HS in the G30 45.

You are gonna get about the same expansion and penetration, around 14"/.65. More stretch and energy with the 40, more momentum w the 45. The 45 is more accurate.

The G30 seeems easier to handle, they hold about the same number of rounds. The G27 is smaller.

------------------
>>>>---->

I agree with Mark in Colorado. Go with the
27 and load it with 165 grain CorBon hollow
points, for self defense work. You will be
amazed at this little jewel from Glock.

------------------
Ala Dan

I already shoot alot of 45acp. This pistol would be more for concealed carry.
I don't feel the 30 is too big for that.
But on the other hand the little 27 feels good too.

I have been asking myself the same question. Yesterday I bought a G27 and I took it to the range today. The G27 is a nice pistol and I think I am going to like it a lot. Of course the G30 is nice too. I made my decision based upon caliber. I have a G35 and a ton of brass so I went with the 27. If you like .45's get the 30. It is that simple.

I prefer the G30. I like the .45 and Glock has not experienced as many problems with their .45's as they have with the .40's.

thanks guys, I appreciate the comments.
I've decided to get both. The 30 cause I just like 45s, and the 27 cause I like pocket rockets.
Now as to which one to get first...

Budda said "desire causes suffering"-so I guess I'm back to suffering.

Heres another wrinkle to throw in......how's about a G33?? 357 Sig,talk about 'pocket rocket'! Its extremely accurate,powerful and fun to shoot. And the same size as the 27. But you can ALSO do what I did....get the 27 AND a G33 barrel for it. It works great that way,mags are compatible and everything. Nice gun,nice choices........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back