Should I do the AC/Gracoil

like this?

dscn0095.jpg

The only difference of any note is I would also get an adjustable pad and lower it to emulate a Monte Carlo stock.

That is not my gun but a similar one with its stock cut a tad shorter than I would like.

Gracoil, G Squared, JS and others all make a good product, with each one having their own pluses and minuses (and expense!); however if one of them makes your gun fit you like your own skin, then go for it

You said it on the expense part. Square D and J&S make really nice products, but this will be a combination early Xmas and BDay gift for me. The neck is bothering me a tad more and I don't intend to wait until it's too late to do something about it.

HEAVIEST gun you can shoot with the lightest loads that work the gun - for me that is an 8.25# O/U with 3/4oz 12 gauge reloads running 1210 fps - those loads even work both of my Beretta A400 gas guns - with my shooting shoulder having torn cartilage and my off shoulder having arthritis, I know where you're coming from, but that combo lets me shoot 2-300 rounds in one day with no pain

I hear you BigD. Aging is a bitch. I really can't complain much but I have had a couple of cervical disc bulges impinging on the nerve cord for a few years and I don't want to hasten the day that I need a visit to the cut man.

Back