Should I dare the cold?

Rookie21

Was thinking of giving my cap lock pistol a practice agg shoot tomorrow morning... But with today's wether, and tomorrow's forecast, maybe it might be too cold on the fingers. Anyone shooting BP pistols this time of year?

Up until last week, it was warm enough to shoot black powder.

But now, it's in the 20s and low-mid 30s here. Starting to get too cold to shoot the muzzle loading guns comfortably.

Down here in Alabamy winter is my favorite time of year to shoot!

I might actually have to wear a coat if I shoot this weekend! :)

Steve

I hate you southerners...

Up here, in Yankee country, we're freezing our asses off while you're down there in Dixie shootin' to your hearts content.

No wonder we won the war, we were tired of y'all having all your shootin' fun without us Yanks!! :p

Last edited:
Oh HELL yes!
(There's no dress code on a range firing line)
IMG_1526_zps1cd5aea5.jpg

(Image (c) Wogpotter 2019)

11 degrees this afternoon. After putting new muffler and tail pipe on my truck I needed something fun so I shot my flint Mountain pistol but I loaded in the heated shop then walked out back to fie then back in to reload.

It was a nice sunny day here today in SO Colorado. Yesterday was sunny too but the wind didn't calm down until the afternoon.

i got a jug and 1/2 of bh209 with a cva accura i purchased from a club member. i have been saving it for winter so i don't have to spit patch the rifles between rounds. the revolvers i can usually get 3 to 4 cylinders through before my fingers give out. winter is the time i have for shooting, spring to fall i am working part time 3 days, kayak fishing and lots of bicycle riding to keep the 70 yr old body moving. odd that i can still ride a bicycle but the joints don't allow for much walking?

Back