Shotshell Loaders

passtime

What do you shotshell loaders use for wad and case containers and dispensers? I am interested in what you guys have come up with. I have seen the MTM Shotshell and Wad Hopper dispensers that are for sale but I am willing to bet someone has come up with a better idea.

Last edited:
Those are just cardboard. I have some wooden boxes that 4 bottles of wine came in from Costco. I can place almost a full bag of 500 wads and about 250 hulls in each - one on each side of my MEC and go to town

With some cardboard, duct tape, or hotmelt glue you can come up with a dispenser just sized for your needs.

By the way after 8 bottles of wine I'm not going to town or
reloading for that matter. The box idea sounds great, have to get to Costco.

Sterilite container for the wads (18qt maybe)...little bigger than the "shoe box" size, holds 500 12ga wads; the Hulls are in a 25 gallon tub, under the bench. I run a Dillon SL-900 and load the hull feeder out of the tub with a gallon jug worth at a time.

Yeah, I've come up with a better idea. I keep my hulls in a supermarket bag and my wads in the plastic bag they came in. I shoot in a weekly trap league, and there have been no reloading issues doing it this way.

Don

I have an old plastic tub for hulls. Might hold 1 1/2 gallons of water, if I filled it up. The wads stay in the bag they arrived in. Keeps my MEC 9000 fed without issues. But I'm not trying to break any speed records,

Back