Shotguns-SxS, pump, semi, O/U or SS?

Sir William

I have a preference for short barrel SxS 12 bore with #4. What have you got? I know many who still have a H&R Topper 12 bore behind the closet door. I don't want the usual Rem 870 is best rhetoric. I would like to hear what you have, why and what your load is.

Benelli M3 (evil black) set on pump with #4.

I sleep in a big old rope bed (with modern conveniences) so the gun sits across the rear frame rail.

How's that?

G

Beretta light weight semi auto with rifle sights, 18 in barrel, tac sling, basic black.

#4, #4, #4, 00, 00, slug, slug:D

May God bless,
Dwight

Since the usage is not specified (dove, pheasant, deer, etc.), but this is posted in Tactics and Training, I'll assume you're talking about defensive use.

Remington Model 11 modified with Browning A5 carrier parts or,
Winchester M97 or,
Remington 870.

Slugs in all of them.

Denny

A Mossberg 500 ATP8 with #4 Buck, 00 Buck, and Slugs. Also have a bandolier with additional 20 rounds of the above. I also have the phone number of a good carpet cleaning company:D

as a shotgun: Russian TOZ over/under double-barrel 12ga with #1 Buckschot. I tried pums (winchester) and semis (benelli) and prefer the double barrel for it's

1. follow-up speed and
2. unconditional reliability and
3. easiness of use.

It's also the same gun I sometimes practice clay shooting...

But the primary home defesen weapon is: Steyr AUG.

Para Bellum, you mention a great feature, SxS/O/U shotguns have a rapid follow-up shot ability. That is why I favour them. It may not be Metrotacky but, it works. It seems #4 is popular.

1972 Rossi coach gun with 00buck . Why ,because in over 30 years has always went bang and I can hit with it. Unlike a 870 Remington I have. In other words I have faith in the Rossi to do the job.

Browning BPS Hunter, 12 gauge, 28" barrel. Very happy with it. Probably will get a shorter barrel for it at some time in the not too distant future.

I used to have a NEF single-shot 12 gauge, and it's one of the few I regret selling. Very handy little shotgun.

Remington 870 Wingmaster with #6. I like pump because I have experienced FTE with autos and I prefer the capacity over the doubles.

For me...Win Defender, pump, 7+1. Load is 4 00 buck and 3 slugs. The only time I ever went "into the night" was with a 12 ga O/U. BG didn't respond correctly so a load of #6 through the twiggy limbs over his head changed his attitude...then I realized I couldn't remember if I used the front trigger or the back trigger. So I got me a pump. One trigger and more than two shots. :D Its been 20 plus years...no more events that I've caught.
Mark.

ps: police were OK with the shot. In fact one asked the BG if he thanked me.BG says "what for?"...cop says "for not shooting you. If it was my back yard I'd have shot you first." still glad I didn't shoot him.

Winchester 1300 defender 12 ga. now it's loaded with #4B, 7 in the tube and 5 #1B on the stock, I may do a visey versy but I have'nt decided, I worry about collateral damage. I do have 3" mag. #4 shot turky loads, which have a stiff nasty recoil.

Back