shotgun slug source

• Thread starter Thread starter olazul
  • Start date Start date
O

olazul

Who has the best prices on rifled shotgun slugs for practice?

I am going to take a defensive shotgun course coming up and am having a hard time finding the slugs.

Thanks,

Olazul

A while back, some of us here tried the KO Brenneke slug from Kent Ammo. "Dick's", the aptly named sporting goods emporium, had them on sale for $1.99/5 pack and still may.

I benchtested some in the deer 870 and found them to be as accurate as any slug I've tried in this piece, and then found they also grouped tighter than my slug of choice in my HD 870.This is the first time both of my slug shooters "Liked" the same slug.

Later last fall, a herd control doe took one right in the shoulder, and performance was on par with the better slugs out there.

Olazul--what class are you taking? I would be interested to hear more about your class, especially after you complete it.

I recently completed a class at Frontsight. I got my ammo from Natchez Shooting Supply (www.natchezss.com). I believe they also carry Estates Cartridge 00 buck. You should consider trying that if you need 00 buck for you class.

I also will purchase from Ammo man (www.ammoman.com).

Both can drop ship directly to the school if that is more convenient for you.

Have fun!

thanks for the replies gentlemen,

AAshooter,

I am taking a shotgun course locally here in south Ka. It will be 2d. I have not taken a shotgun course yet so I'm pretty excited about it. I'll let you know how it was.

Regards,

Olazul

Back