Shotgun sites

bspillman

Looking for some good affordable sites for my HD shotgun. It does not have a vent rib just a plain bead front site. I'm not looking for tactical dodads or anything. Night sites or hiviz sites may be ok. What do you guys recommend? Thanks.

Some manufacturers offer barrels with sights.
Might be less expensive to get one of those, if available.
Otherwise, a receiver mounted rear sight and replacement front sight will be required.
Some are easier than others to install.
Just check with the usual sources, like Midwayusa, Brownells, 'etc.

There are a number of "Glow in the dark" sights. Just unscrew the front bead, and screw in a replacement. Your eye will serve as the rear sight.

Then see below....

Since you should be pointing your shotgun, your focus should be on the intruder and which way he is moving, not a glow worm. JMO, YMMV

I suggest you keep it - as it is ..../...and practice with it as it is....

Front Sights on a shotgun ...are only used ( unless you're trying to make it a rifle )...to make sure the gun is not canted as you mount the gun / then your focus shifts to the target.

A gunsmith can change the existing front bead....to most anything / ...like a night sight dot ..or a gold bead...or whatever.

Xs makes a "big dot" front bead that glues right over the current front bread.
I put one on my "HD" gun, and rather like it. I was concerned about the fact that it glues on, but I used loctite black, and it seems like it's on there for good.

Back