Shotgun Silencer Choke Tube

You understand that this silly thing adds 32" to your existing shotgun barrel of 30" making the over all length 64" or so, that's just stupid.

You understand that this silly thing adds 32" to your existing shotgun barrel of 30" making the over all length 64" or so, that's just stupid.

I can see by your uneducated comment that you have never seen one or shot a gun with one on it before - perhaps you should have kept your mouth closed.:rolleyes:

They were designed for urban wildlife control in places such as city parks. They do a remarkable job of muffling the sound to the point that hearing protection is not required. Having shot one designed for a Beretta semi, it was amazing how well it swung on targets, and with the proper choke tube, absolutely smashed targets. They were originally made by a French company and sold through marketing companies like Hastings - it is a barrel extension with holes in it - nothing more. They work well for their intended use

So you are saying a 60" shotgun is not stupid when one can just legally put a silencer on their gun and have pest/noise control that is not 60" long.

Here is a pic of Tom Knapp with one. I would equate the report to a car door being slammed.

Attachments

• DSCF1001.jpg
    DSCF1001.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 76
So you are saying a 60" shotgun is not stupid when one can just legally put a silencer on their gun and have pest/noise control that is not 60" long.

So what "silencer" are you talking about that fits on a 12 gauge shotgun? Please post the pics and specs.
Secondly, this does NOT require a $200 tax stamp or any registration - why would you want to go through that process if it isn't necessary?

Really..................

There is one manuf. of shotgun silencers, why would I go through the NFA process if it were not needed, so as not to look stupid with a 60" shotgun.

Only seems to be for a Saiga...not everyone prefers to own one of those, and again, you need a tax stamp.......for a lot less I can have the tube that works just fine - then again, I don't foresee needing one of these to stop zombies with a Saiga - but they do work well for their intent, without any of the NFA hassles

Maybe you should try one before yammering against something you have zero experience with

Isn't a silencer any devise designed to muffle the report of a firearm. Why isn't this one?

A silencer is defined as a item that is made to contain gas, unburnt powder, and flash.

This is nothing more than a glorified muzzle brake. Since there is no canister surrounding it.

Also, if you notice the advertisement, they suggest it with Sub Sonic loads in order to get the deciable reading down. If you shoot subsonic loads in a 22LR rifle, you can safely shoot one with out hearing protection.

Back