Shotgun scope on Hi-Point 995 "disposable carbine"

Bastage

Inactive
I was at Wal-Mart the other day and noticed a shotgun scope of the red dot variety I believe for about $40. I was intrigued by this and was wondering if this would be a good choice for a scope on the 995 carbine. I just want something different than the sights on the rifle and something that is simple, yet functional. What are your opinions on the red dot sight to begin with, and what about this application? Thanks for all replies.

[This message has been edited by Bastage (edited September 12, 1999).]

I had one a few years back. It seems to me the supplied scope mount was very flimbsy. This will be the only time I say this, but I would honestly put the cheapest scope I could find on it.
I got pissed off at mine and got rid of it because the front sight kept on falling off. After several rounds the two allen screws would back out. The first time it did it, I thought the piece of **** blew up. The heat shield hit the concrete and all my perifial vision could see was parts flying everywhere.
The second time it did this, same day by the way, I sold the beast. I figured it would be cheaper that way then trying to rezero it every time it fell apart.

I also have a 995 carbine and am looking at replacing the open sight; did you get the red dot scope or go another way? Thanks in advance.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bastage:
I was at Wal-Mart the other day and noticed a shotgun scope of the red dot variety I believe for about $40. I was intrigued by this and was wondering if this would be a good choice for a scope on the 995 carbine. I just want something different than the sights on the rifle and something that is simple, yet functional. What are your opinions on the red dot sight to begin with, and what about this application? Thanks for all replies.

[This message has been edited by Bastage (edited September 12, 1999).]
[/quote]

Back