Shotgun question for 3 gunners.

cz223

I wanto build/buy an 870 for home defence and an occasional 3 gun match. While I am sure that you guys have seen just about everything used I would like to know what is the most popular way to set up an 870 for these events. I guess the first thing I need to know is am I waisting my money buying an 870 express with a smooth slug barrel with the rifle sights? What accesories do I need and would I be better of buying a particular model with some of the toys already there like the HD model for instance. Perhaps you guys could post pics of your 3 gun shotguns. Thanks.

Old post no replies....

Ok I had the same thought as you almost 20 Years ago, this is the result.

Remington 870 Special Purpose Deer, Magazine extention, New Stock, Sidesaddle. Simple and effective.
Not the fastest 3 gun shotgun in the world, but i'm very happy with it.

Remington870.jpg

Thanks for the belated reply.

:) It is kind of funny because I came back to this forum to ask another question of you three gunners. I ended up buying a synthetic stocked 1100 instead of the 870, at least for now, and I was wondering what accessories I should get. It is a box stock gun in like new condition with either a 26" or 28" vent rib barrel on it. I know I want a mag extension and the tactical bolt handle but what else should I get. I may want to go to the ghost ring sights eventually but for right now I just added a set of Hi-Viz sights to the rib. Before you guuys suggest that I head over to Brian Enos' site, I have and I joined but, for some reason, I can not post yet.

Back