Shotgun porting

The porting with my Vang system has gotten rid of all muzzle-rise... even with magnum loads, and, don't ask me how, it has cut the muzzle flash by what seems to be 50-80% at night!

I was dubious at first... but now would not be without it. Can not say enough about Vang...Well worth the dough.

Ben

I shoot ATA, and mainly for doubles the porting is needed for the barrel lift on the first shot. This gives a level shot for the second bird. Even helps on my Taurus 669 revolver also. Its not realy needed but its another thing that helps. Get it done professionaly though.

i went through louis awerbucks shotgun class this week and 2 guys had vang comp systems on there 870.after about 30 min of standing next to them i moved to the end of the line.boy are those things loud.if i ever let one of those puppies off without hearing protection i know i would get hearing damage.the pluss side is that they pattern extreamly well.

this was a louis awerbuck level 2 shotgun class.all the shooters were top notch.the class went well and i hope to take it again next year,

louis awerbuck # is (520-772-8262).thats in arizona.he travels all the time and has only been home once when i have called in the last 8 years.he travels alot.you will need to leave a message letting them know what your telephone # is and tell them you are interested in training.leigh lambert will probably get back in touch with you in a few days.hope you like him.he is the best in the bussiness.to us he is yoda.

On gunmart's point re: loudness...IME comp'd longarms tend to be that way, though the operator seldom notices (unless indoors). I have fired a Marlin 1895 Guide indoors, and have spent a few days next to a guy with a Bushmaster Shorty AK indoors. The blast and concussion are really unpleasant on the firing line, and it's worse if there are walls and/or a roof to bounce it back.

Back