Shotgun News M1 Garands

Mordwyn.45

I picked up a copy of "Shotgun News" to read on my trip to NY for the Easter Holiday and saw quite a few advertisers selling M1 Garands for around $400-$450. The ads describe them as being made of surplus parts around newly manufactured recievers.

Anybody have any experience with these "remanufactured" Garands?.

I hope it's not an example of being "too good to be true"

Thanks for your input
smile.gif

------------------
TANSTAAFL- R.A. Heinlen

"Molon Labe"- Leonidas to Xerxes at Thermopile

Don't do it. The receiver is of questionable quality, as are the surplus parts attached to it.

Buy a Garand from the US goverment for $400 (service grade). It's easy, it only takes a few weeks, and you get the real deal in good condition (safe to shoot). Doing so also allows you to buy other items such as Lake City 30-06 for a great price.

Check out: www.odcmp.com for downloadable forms and the requirements. Do it before the price increase in June. You're guaranteed not to be disappointed.

Oh yeah, there's another thread going on about this very subject. Check it out for more info, but the opinion is the same: buy a CMP Garand.

I second the above. The new receivers aren't mil-spec. It is not that they're castings, but rather that the castings aren't dimensionally correct - so I've been told. Get the original, get a surplus like Destructo6 recommends.

fulton armory had someone send one of those US cnc machined M1s in for a tech inspection.

It failed and they advised not to shoot it

dZ

Back