shotgun manipulation

Squirrl gun..!

nice squirrl gun.
not bad on the moves..

just a small comment, when you are on the low ready position..try to have the finger off the trigger, also when you are doing the speed reloads (over hand and under hand)...als keep the finger off the trigger...other than that..it looked good...

ummm.... not sure if you saw the video or not but im extremly fast and proficient at loading and manipulating my shotgun. I have taken 4 professional defensive shotgun classes and im always the fastest. you may not like that i walk with my finger inside the trigger gaurd but when i do i swich the safty on. thanks for your input anyways.

you may not like that i walk with my finger inside the trigger gaurd but when i do i swich the safty on.(sic)
Reposition your trigger finger, and leave the safety alone. All of your drilling will be for naught if the safety fails. You may have taken 4 professional defensive classes; but, it seems, you missed the one on basic gun safety.

Last edited:
When practicing on your own, you can do whatever suits you.
But if you ever decide to go to a shotgun match, you will be D.Qed for having your finger on the trigger, no matter how safe you are, or how convincing your argument might sound.

ummm.... not sure if you saw the video or not but im extremly fast and proficient at loading and manipulating my shotgun.
You may be extremely fast, but if you walk around with your finger in the triggerguard you are not proficient.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/proficient

Proficient: Having or marked by an advanced degree of competence, as in an art, vocation, profession, or branch of learning.​

The first step in learning to competently handle a gun is learning to handle it safely. If you have not accomplished the first step then you're not competent and having competence is a prerequisite to "having...an advanced degree of competence".

After thinking about my post awhile, it seemed to me that it came across as pedantic and nit-picky. That wasn't my intent at all and I thought it would be useful to explain why I posted what I did.

I have a friend who is a very good shot. He shoots and hunts on a regular basis. There's only one problem. Somewhere along the line, when he should have learned firearm safety, he didn't. And somehow, in the years since, he's not managed to remedy that defect.

So while he shoots well and hunts productively, he's not proficient with firearms. Why is that?, one might ask. He's not proficient because he scares those around him when he handles firearms. He's not proficient because he shot a hole in the local gun shop.

But MOST of all, he's not proficient because he killed a person in the next room when he unintentionally discharged a firearm because he had his finger on the trigger when he shouldn't have.

No one who handles firearms should fall into the trap of believing that the basic rules of firearm safety don't apply to them. It's irresponsible, it's dangerous. It's DEADLY.

Last edited:
I guess it a depends on why you took the class. if you want to play the game, you gotta play by the range rules. But you know that. You have made a conscious decision to press your trigger finger against the inside of the trigger guard. If it works for you, I say drive on.

If you are more worried about protecting your domicile, I would encourage you to stop crossing one leg over the other when you move.

Stay Safe

Back