Shotgun Lock?

Ryan Meyering

Although I'd prefer to use my Remington 870 over my pistol for home defense, I haven't yet found a good way of securing it. (I have a two year old son.)

Has anyone come up with a method of securing a shotgun for this purpose? Is so, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,

Ryan

------------------
Romans 6:23

In a local gun store I once saw a device that locks the shotgun receiver area into a metal sleeve. The gun could be released by pressing numbered buttons, of the type used on doors. The device was designed to be fixed on a wall with the shotgun held barrel down.

Can not remember the name or who makes it. Looked like a good idea.

Geoff Ross

[This message has been edited by K80Geoff (edited November 18, 1999).]

The problem (well, *one* problem) with internal devices like cables and trigger locks is that they're intended to be used on unloaded guns. Seems like a moot point to me.

Personally, I prefer a good old-fashioned safe.

------------------
"The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property,
or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called into question.."
Article 11, Section 13, CO state constitution.

I'll have to look into that wall mounted system, as long as it doesn't ruin the wall it might be a good idea (I rent an apartment).

I guess I should have said more about my situation; my bedroom door is about 7 feet from the front door of the apartment. A safe wouldn't be too useful; I need something that permits instant access and good security.

------------------
Romans 6:23

When kids were younger, I felt secure in the fact that an 870 kept in cruiser ready condition(Empty chamber,full mag, action locked,safety on) is difficult for someone unfamiliar with the system to operate, especially if that someone is a small child.

I felt more secure placing it high up, just like anything else kids shouldn't have access to. Try mounting it inside your bedroom closet, over the door. If you can reach it, it should work out fine.

Back