Shotgun Identification assistance.

VaughnT

One of the guys at work fell ill and needed to sell off some of his guns to help make ends meet. When he said he had a tactical shotgun similar to our issued weapons, I told him I'd buy it.

Long story short, what he described as a Mossberg 500 series turned out to be some kind of off-brand. I don't regret buying it as it helped him and his family out, and I'm sure I didn't get a good deal for it, but I'm wondering about refurbishing it.

The only identifying marks I can find are just forward of the loading gate on the receiver.

"Revelation...Made in USA...Western Auto...R310AB...12GA"

On the barrel the only markings are for a free owner's guide: Request from POB 497, New Haven, CT 06473. This is a replacement barrel, but the original 28" barrel has even less info, reading only:

"Chambered for 2 3/4 and 3 in. shells"...12 GA. - 28 Inch Modified Choke - Made in USA"

-------------------------

Bottom line: Who made the gun? What's it's value/age? Is it compatible with aftermarket products fitting the Mossberg or Remington line?

As I said earlier, I consider $200 a small loss if this weapon can't be retrofitted and revamped as the purchase helped a buddy and his family. That doesn't mean I'm not hoping for good words from this sage audience.

Don't hold me in suspense!

I show that to be contract gun made for Western Auto by Mossberg. The original model would be Mossberg 500AB.

Blue book not handy so have no idea on current value.

Mossberg 500AB parts should be interchangable.

Sam

Sam is correct. It's basically a Mossberg 500. Also if you find any New Haven shotguns, they're Mossbergs also.
The Revalation line had IIRC the 310 series and the 600 something series. The parts are interchangeable. I've swapped out trigger assemblies, barrels, and mag tubes/springs.

Thanks!

It's times like these that I truly appreciate the wealth of knowledge found here. You guys are the best.

Now I have to go shopping for stuff to fit it.

Back