Shotgun ammo belt

EricO

In the local 3gun matches I attend, it seems one of the best ways to carry your ammo around without juggling boxes is by utilizing one of those ammo belts. Not only will they complement my 2 Safriland 2 shotshell belt holders for reloading during the stage, but also for just loading up at the line when told to by the RO.
Any idea which manufacturer's to purchase, and where to get it? I've looked in several police supply catalogs, but cannot find one.
EricO

They are also seen at Cowboy action matches. Although the ones there are the Ol'West leather type, they'll work with modern ammo.

I particularly liked carrying two 20 round cases of shotgun boxes in the two lower pockets of a Sears & Roebuck parka. Funny how the two lower pockets in front just fit two 20 round cases. That is one 20 round case in each pocket. That is 40 rounds without having to restick and rehandle each cartridge. Just stick in the 20 box and open it up or rip off the top and start loading and shooting. These parkas also last many decades; built to last, made in taiwan I found out though.

Rough & tough; then, use your shotgun for spraying and better carry a back up for the real job.

Check out my leftover military surplus items at products in http://www.americanwhitelinen.com or email me a reply to mailto:gotactical@ieee.org

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EricO:
In the local 3gun matches I attend, it seems one of the best ways to carry your ammo around without juggling boxes is by utilizing one of those ammo belts. Not only will they complement my 2 Safriland 2 shotshell belt holders for reloading during the stage, but also for just loading up at the line when told to by the RO.
Any idea which manufacturer's to purchase, and where to get it? I've looked in several police supply catalogs, but cannot find one.
EricO
[/quote]

Bushmaster sells a gizmo that holds 6 shells in a vertical holder. Quite popular with the 3-gun crowd because it takes up less space on a belt already overloaded with magazines for handgun and carbine.

John Francis

Back