Shotgun 4 Very Small Woman -Not Again!-

Gary H

It looks like Amy will need a pull of around 12". I'm looking at a Winchester 1300 20 ga. Any problem with cutting down the stock by two inches?

Yes and no,Gary.In case you haven't noticed, women are built different than men. Most women do better with a little more pitch than men, since their chest areas are,uh, more developed. So, cutting off the stock w/o changing the pitch to accomodate the female form doesn't aid comfort. Any good smith can adjust the pitch when shortening the stock, and usually rounding off the toe of the pad helps also.

Unless she's having trouble mounting the shotgun from the weight, adding a little weight under the pad makes sense, keeping the balance point where it belongs.

Use the lightest loads you can starting out, and I suggest one of the wearable pads, like the FAST, be de riguer for your lady.

Have you considered a youth model? I don't know what the length of pull is on those, but it might be close to what you need.

M1911

Yes, I looked at the youth models, but they were more expensive, harder to find and the stock still needed to be cut. Good idea, but Amy is smaller than many kids.

Back