Shot Flask attempt

noelf2

I was browsing the gunshow on the weekend and found a fellow selling an old shot flask spout, missing the bottom stop plate. Fellow wanted $20, offered $15 and got it. Didn't take me long to fabricate a new stop plate for it, then, what to do with it. Looked through my scraps and came up with this idea... LOL... Hey, it works !!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• pouch1.jpg
    pouch1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 289
  • pouch2.jpg
    pouch2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 278
  • pouch3.jpg
    pouch3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 275
Who said you can't build a better mouse trap ???

noelf2

I too am a leather crafter and by my measure you did a fine job. In fact, your new design is better than most originals, in many ways. If you don't mind, I'm going to have to copy some of these features. Can't wait to see your next "fancy".
My compliments and thank for your post. ……. :)

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:
Sorta looks like you might have crafted it out of a revolver holster....or am I just imagining things. Good imagination on your part putting it together..

If you don't mind, I'm going to have to copy some of these features. Can't wait to see your next "fancy".
My compliments and thank for your post.

Don't mind in the least. I'm hardly a leather worker but this was kinda fun.

Sorta looks like you might have crafted it out of a revolver holster....or am I just imagining things. Good imagination on your part putting it together..

Indeed it is from an old holster that was in my scrap box. :D

With a simple shifting of the end gate the shot charge can be changed. That's very nice!

Is it 1 1/4 and 1 oz.?

Gate!! That's the word! I keep calling them plates. Yes and currently set at 1 1/4, and actually throws pretty close to that with #6 shot, if done just right. The brass head is really old, made by American Flask and Cap Company ("Am.Flask and Cap Co" stamped on the spout) sometime before they became American Brass Company (late 1860's??). I think it was missing the bottom gate because someone wanted to use the head to pour shot into an alternate measure, and the bottom gate would hinder that. The top gate just keeps the shot from spilling out.

Back