Shot an elk yesterday.

taylorce1

Well more than one actually. My daughter wanted to see real live elk. So I took her on a day trip to Estes Park. Found a few nice ones that I wouldn't mind finding on public land some day!

P1000316.jpg

P1000317.jpg

P1000319.jpg

P1000342.jpg

Even found a pretty nice buck!

P1000359.jpg

P1000362.jpg

I had a great time with the kid shooting animals with the Olympus!

Last edited:
Beautiful

Beautiful pictures! I was stationed at Carson in Colorado Springs and I certainly miss it right about now as I look at those pictures.

Finally finished uploading all the photos and thought I'd add a few more. We found another herd laying in a old corn field on the way home. I bet they would taste really good!

P1000368.jpg

P1000370.jpg

P1000371.jpg

Plus, I had to stop on the way home so my daughter could take a picture of this strange bird.

HPIM1364.jpg

HPIM1365.jpg

HPIM1366.jpg

Nice trip with the family!
Many years ago, my wife and I took a 3 day hiking trip through the Commanche Peak wilderness over Labor day, and we cut through the back of RMNP. While we were setting up camp a herd of about 70 elk wandered past. We heard bugling all day long. It was one of the most memorable trips I've ever been on.

Elk are special.

Taylorce1, you should really try to impress the girls, and ride that big black chicken!!!!

I was thinking of finding an oven big enough so we could eat those drumsticks today! Nothing impresses my wife and daughter like putting food on the table!

nice photos. i love this time of year. after all the hunting is over, there is nothing more enjoyable than checking out critters as they are migrating down. you get to see some amazing numbers and quality animals.

Back