Shot an Armalite AR-50 today!!

WWWJD

Wow.

Wow.

OMG.

Wow.

I pulled up to the range today towards the end of a youth shoot. As I was setting up, they were clearing out. One of the instructors hauls this gargantuan thing out of the back of his pickup. Things went slow-mo.

I was doing my thing 8 lanes over when he let the first one rip. I couldn't do anything else but watch. After he let a few loose, he stood up and looked at us..."anybody wanna sh..." My hand went up before he even finished his sentence. He started laughing. :) Everyone else just shy'd away from it. Not I. Hell no. I'm shooting this thing. May never get the opportunity again, cause I know I can't afford $7 a round of anything (except for booze... digress).

I lined up on the 300 yard gong. His bipod was a little tall for the bench so it was a bit awkward. He's a shorter guy, so he stood while he shot it. In hindsight I should have done the same thing. Pulled the trigger... and wowza. The recoil wasn't bad at all, but the concussion... I'm pretty sure it cleared my sinuses. Looked down range and saw the gong swinging.

:D Was a good day tater.

The Armalite AR-50:
11510.jpg

photo courtesy Google/Buds Gun Shop

Its an awesome feeling. I still grin everytime I shoot my BA50. I usually am never short on volunteers who want to try their hand at it. They are an amazing beast. Glad you had fun, next you need to be on the search for one.

Back