Short Action CIP Magazine

TXAZ

I recently purchased a TrackingPoint 6.5 Creedmoor rifle. It uses a 5 round Short Action CIP Magazine. And it appears that magazine is actually designed for a .308 or .338LM as a single stack, but has a ~.5" long insert in the very front to make up the space for the shorter 6.5Creedmoor cartridge.

I asked if there was a 10 round magazine available from them and they said no, but there may be some available online.

I've looked several places locally and online but don't see anything close.
I don't have a problem buying a 10 round CIP and making my own block on the front.

So if you have any suggestions, I'd really appreciate knowing where I can find a 10 round CIP magazine.

You really don't need the block in the mag. I use the unblocked AI mags in my custom 6.5 CM,it allows me to load out to the lands,and I haven't had any feeding problems at all with the rifle. My COAL is 2.988" long on my loads.

Their 6.5 rifle is based off the same (LA) as the .338 model?
Interesting, as the 6.5 Creed was designed for a SA in order to avoid the oal issues with heavy VLD's that can happen with the .260.

Feeds reliably?

Cool toy- how rugged is it? Capable of being dropped on a rock and keep on ticking?

Back