shopping for an AR-15- What to look for when choosing

Spirex288

A local firearms/hunting chain store is have a 1 year, no interest, no money down sale.
I plan on purchasing a AR-15 (Colt) if they have any in stock. I sure hope they do!! :)
Well anyway, this place sells used and new guns. If in fact they do have it, and it is considered "new", how can I really tell that it is "new"?? I'm sure they are test fired at the factory, but how can I be sure that it was the only shot?

What I would look for when choosing an AR would be a Bushmaster, not a Colt, for so many reasons that you'll have to click on ar15.com to assimilate them all.

------------------
Shoot to kill; they'll stop when they're dead!

Thanks guys. Today I went ahead and purchased a Bushmaster 20th Anniv. Edition.
Broke the bank but I think this will last me for a while. I hope you all are right about the Bushmaster. I'm gonna give it a twirl tomorrow at the range. :)

You're not supposed to shoot that Special Edition! Go back and buy a Shorty for range use. Keep that Special in your safe. Seriously, one thing you will need to do is get some good mags. The 10-rd. mag that comes with the Bush is worthless. Get G.I. and Thermold, but not the Canadian Thermolds.

------------------
Shoot to kill; they'll stop when they're dead!

Once a commerative gun is fired, it looses its aura of being special and is treated like any other gun. Shoot it and regret it later. An ordinary Bushmaster would be better to use for range practice.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Back