Shop Owner Uses Deadly Force

Job well done!

The perfect example of Justice being delivered swiftly and justly.

Just imagine if this happened more often, we would have very few armed robberies. Not only that we would need less cops and save tax dollars!

Know the law as it applies to you and your circumstances at the time.

In this case it looks like the property owner was justified in shooting, under Texas law.

In many locations, the shooter would be in deep trouble for shooting a fleeing criminal who was no longer a personal threat.

Think about it.

A good shoot in one place could be murder in another location.

Sam

Don't think the shop owner would want to do that down here in Florida ! In our CWL class they constantly beat it into our heads that under Florida law you can't use deadly force to protect property or shoot a fleeing perp cause he is no longer a threat. If robbery of a business is involed hopefully the castle type laws that proptect your right not to retreat at your home or business might apply. I'm sure there are folks who know more than I about this stuff.......just my .02

cleansing of the gene pool

Like this is always justified...regardless of what the general statutes or codes say...but the other posting responders are so right.....know your state laws before you cap the bad guy...lest you end up in prison yourself.....

One more BG gone...hoorah and kudos to the shop-keeper...

:D

justified in the action

texas law states you may go after your property if you are in
immediate and fresh pursuit...and that if any force less than deadly force would endanger the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury you may use deadly force.PERIOD.......in his stament in press the guy held a gun to his head...then took the merchandise and went outside so now harold can go after his property he shot the tire and then the guy started reaching for something that he assumed was the gun that was held to his head

and harold unloaded...
the law is plain if you can read what 150 attorneys wrote in state law

A similar thing happened here in Asheville, NC. A pharmacist was robbed, the BG left the store, the pharmacist ran out after him and shot at him several times with a .38. Nobody was hit in this case and BG got away. The DA didn't push any charges.

Personally these cases concern me. I'm glad both of these situations worked out for everyone but the BG, but I think these folks were responding to anger and out of revenge with little concern for bystanders. The threat was over by the time action was taken.

Which would be worse: Bad guy gets away and nobody's hurt(physically) or badguy's dead/incapacitated and an innocent bystander gets wounded?

Back