Shooting up my Christmas Ammo

cplane

Lucky for me, My familly kept asking for hints on what to get me for christmas. I always replied " A box of 45 acp". So , I wound up with about 6 boxes of ammo to ad to my 3 or 4 that I already had . I got some Federal 185 g hi shocks JHP and some winclean 230g BEB. I had only tried 230 g ball ammo in my Kimber Ultra cdp , so now I could see what else would fire in it and my full sized custom classic. After firing several mags full in the CDP I am pleased to say it seems to like anything I put through it without so much as a hiccup. My Classic full sized isn't so lucky though. It liked the Hi shock JHP's and the 230g ball but it didn't seem to like the Blunt end bullets on the Win Clean too much. It would stove pipe a round every now and then and it failed to go into battery once or twice with the winclean BEB's . My classic has only been fired about three hundred times so it may just need breaking in a little more , but it's good to know just what it likes and dislikes. I always felt the most reliable round was the ball ammo. What do ya'll think?:)

Next Xmas, don't say 'box of .45 acp ammo', say 'case of .45 acp ammo'. That way, it will take you until July to shoot up the 6 cases you will get. And yes, the 1911 was orginally designed for ball ammo, which is why it does so well in most 1911's I've owned, handled and shot.

Congratulations on the presents! As for your feeding problems, my Kimbers took a bit of time to break in, but after 1,000 or so rounds the only feeding problems came from magazines or improperly crimped reloads.

Dick

Back