Shooting too high - no adjustment left

TMoney

I'm shooting a Winchester Mdl 70 with a Tasco TR series 4X16. I zero in a cute little bitty group at 25 yds and 100 yds shooting factory 175gr bullets. The problem is, I'm 1 1/2 inches high - exactly.

Is there any relief out there? I'm willing to listen, learn, and lust for better zeroes.

Thanks, Terry

It sounds like you either need to shim up your rear mount or switch to Burris Signatire rings with the insert kit to get the rear of the scope up a little and some adjustments back.
:D

------------------
The Bill of Rights, and the Golden Rule are enough for civilized behavior. The rest is window dressing. Shoot carefully, swifter...

swifter, thank you.
Shims will really work like that? I suppose I have always been under the impression that the scope should be level...

Shouldn't you be shimming the front base, not the rear? Raise rear = point of impact goes up; raise front = point of impact goes down.

It might also be that there is something under the rear mount or it's mounted improperly. Locktite often builds up and moves the base up. I'd suggest running a little sandpaper over the rear base contact point first to knock off any burrs that might be hanging there. 1.5" high with the adjustment bottomed out sounds way off though. I'm more apt to think it's an improper mount job myself.

Back