shooting timers

I have two:
Competition Electronics Pocket Pro II
Competitive Edge Dynamics CED7000

The CED7000 is smaller, small enough to fit in a shirt pocket. The battery has to be recharged.

The Pocket Pro II is larger and uses a 9V battery.

The CED7000 has a higher pitched beep than the Pocket Pro II. I have had some shooters say they can't hear the beep of the CED7000.

One big advantage of the Pocket Pro II is the 9V battery. If it goes dead at a match you just stick in a fresh 9V. If the CED7000 goes dead you are out of luck as it takes an hour to charge.

same functions

Do the have the same functions?

Competition Electronics Pocket Pro II
Competitive Edge Dynamics CED7000

I looked at Pocket Pro II first. the CED7000 looks to have everything the pocket pro II has and more.... Is that correct? I see they have an external battery supply for the 7000 also..

If you had to pick between the two which would you pick and why?
Keep in mind. I am new to uspsa and am looking for a tool to track my progress and help me improve. The range has a timer they use so i would not be using mine for anything other than training, and I would like to know if they pick up the sound of dryfire in a quiet area like some place in the house.

Thanks for the info.

The CED7000 has more features and mine is even compatible with a remote BigBoard.

I have no idea about dryfire. That's not something I've even thought about.

Keep in mind that something that works best for my needs might not be best for yours.

As far as features go, I really don't have a need for all the fancy stuff so that is a non-issue for me.

Another thing to consider is dependability. I have not had any trouble with either one of mine and they are both in their third season of match use. I have heard though that the CED7000 has had issues with some users.

Back