Shooting Mat

orlando5

Anyone knows a good shooting mat that don't cost an arm and a leg. Hell, I take Wal Mart if it save me a few bucks.

Thanks.

Is $60 too much for a Champion Choice Mat from Natchez? I've been using mine for a few months.

Specs:
30" x 72." Has two ties and a handle to roll up like a bed roll. The mat has a grey Boatex water repellant cover, 3/8" foam liner and 3/8" felt extra pad in the top portion for extra cushion. The L-shaped non-slip neoprene pad is 24" deep to give maximum elbow area. Also, there is a non-slip 12" pad for the leg which minimizes any movement in the prone position.

I bought a 1/2" rollup sleeping pad from the army surplus center for $5. Comes with tie straps included. I was dubious about the value, but for $5 what could I lose? Weighs about a pound, and was very comfortable on both gravel and concrete. I was down on it for 4 hours out of 6, with no complaints. I was actually comfortable. Surprised the hell out of me.

I just bought some of that cheap rubber stuff they sell to go in tool boxes. Heck for what I paid, you can use it till it wears out and then just buy some more.

MCHGNMIKE uses what I use. Have had it for 3 yrs. Works great, tough, easy to find. If you ever want to up grade, check out Eagle Industries Sniper Mat/Drag Bag. It is the Shiz Nit! Used on our last Op.

AIRBORNE!

Back