Shooting Lenses

Doublea A

As we all know that statistically self-defense related incidents occur during night time or in the evening. I'm looking for a shooting lens that stimulates low light conditions, as the light at the range where I practice is too bright for my comfort. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Crazy88Fingers... What a thread stopper. Cheers!

I really agree, what low light conditions can't be taken care of with sun glasses? I am rolling here laughing! I should have used the international sign for laughing but dude! Crazy nailed it with just one comment! So who says we need the government? I think we get it!

On the other side, I usually wait till the sun goes down. Still laughing sorry....

DA, 2/27/11

For our weekly outside matches we will sometimes use welding goggles to help simulate low light shooting (the gas welding type of goggles, not the arc welding masks). The downside is that if you have night sights they are more difficult to see than under actual low light conditions. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow

Last Thursday night, on one of those defense shooting shows they had a segment about defensive shooting from the Gunsite School. They had their students shooting with welding goggles.

Since you aren't worried about burning your eyes welding, you can get the cheap welding goggles with different tints that would give you different degrees of darkness.

Crazy88fingers & Rufus T Firefly

Hahaha! Sometimes the best advice is a simple one. I will give it a try and share the results. You guys are funny.:(

Thanks

Back