shooting faster while still getting good hits

Start competing.

Thats it, really. First, be prepared to find out you suck. Man, did I ever. then you'll slowly see your scores start creeping up. Then youre in B-class and fighting to make A-class. Try to be on a squad with shooters that are better than you, since nobody wants to be the worst in anything. Watch the better shooters and ask questions- you'll be surprised how much the good shooters are willling to share. Next thing you know you're practicing with one of them, going to matches outside of your area, taking up reloading. It's a journey.

I'd suggest taking some competiton oriented classes. My first clinic made a huge difference in my abilities. Check out some of Lurpers videos on here as well.

Tiger Leatham?

Take lessons; many very-top competitors offer them.

CHANGE the cadence of shooting in your mind; speed up your mental shooting cadence.

Take chances; push yourself.

A33102

You shoot with your eyes. Work on focus and concentration so that you learn to pick up the front sight quickly. An instructor once told me, "It's not that I shoot faster than you do. It's that I've trained myself to see faster."

Great!!

Lurper, thanks for the sites, I watched the first one 3 times and I know it will make a big difference when I next shoot.

:)

Shooting Fast ---maybe!

Spent several days at "JOHN SHAW'S" shooting school out in the Mississippi Delta many years ago. John was an IPSC champion, (also provided instruction to the Secret Service after the assination attempt on Ronald Ragan). There were a group of Navy Seals going thru a class the day I arrivied. I watched as John Shaw tape the sights on the Seals light machine guns. There were two banks of falling plates set up at 20 yds. As 6 navy seals open fire on one bank of 6 plates with the machine guns, John slowly drew his 45 1911 and ran his 6 plates down then proceded to shoot down the seal plates on their plate rack. They had expended some 120 rounds of ammo and had hit 3 plates. Shaw fired 9 rounds , 9 plates fell. I will never forget what he told those Navy Seals that day. " YOU CAN'T MISS'EM FAST ENOUGH TO WIN in a firefight or competition"!! He had their attention!!
His shooting Facility today is one of the tops in the Nation. I shot in 4 IDPA National matches there, his ranges are awsome.......
Shooting fast ----Practice Practice Practice--"Slow is smooth and smooth is Fast! W.T.

Back