Shooting Bench

Nice job !

I have been wanting to put together a bench of my own for some time now… yours has got me thunkin about it again. Very cool brass catcher … what a great idea. :)

How is the stability with the PVC frame?

------------------
“This is my rifle, there many like it but this one is mine …”

Awesome concept and execution.

Some thoughts:

Can the brass catcher fold down or remove for transport?

Is the surface removable from the base for transport or use on existing benches?

Sandbags or weights on the PCV base would add stability if needed.

Once again, very nice work.

Regards,

Ledbetter

By the way, welcome to TFL, Max Cojones. So few of us use our real names here. ;)

[This message has been edited by Ledbetter (edited June 19, 2000).]

Thanks for the commets
A buddy gave me a copy of article about a 3 leg bench. I built it but it was to wobbly so i modified to 4 legs and cross braces. The brass catcher was all my ideal. So far it has caught 12ga,22lr,30-06 and 9mm. The seat is a $7.00 bucket from kmarts, its keeps the sand bags and empty brass.
The weight of the bench is 75lbs. It has good stability, more so front to rear. The brass catcher is made from 3/4" pipe and i only glue some of the joints, it can be installed straight up or leaning out. I used a minnow sein net for the brass catcher. The legs come off the bottom, their set inside of end caps with wood cut out to fit inside of the legs. All the legs strap on the bottom of the bench and it stands in the corner out of the way.
I'm going to take some more pitcures of it and then do a materials list and measurements. Also the legs could be filled with water or sand to make it heavier. It takes about 5-to-10 minutes to be ready to shoot.

Ahhh, PVC, the answer to many of life's problems (I've used it in the garden to make hail guards). An excellent looking bench!
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.
GOA, JPFO, PPFC, CSSA, LP, NRA

Back