Shooting at Denver Highschool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Pincus

I am just getting to watch the coverage, but there has been a shooting at a Highschool in the Denver Area. It is "Columbine" Highschool.. one of the poilce cruisers has the name "Littleton" on it.

A mother is reporting that her daughter was on the phone with when the shooter approached. Apparently he was wearing a trench coat, carrying a "large" gun and was not recognized as a student.

However, CNN is reporting that the police believe that the gunmen are students.

Apparently there is a kid in the woods behind the building and he is talking to CNN on a cell phone... they are trying to talk him into going to the police, instead of reporting on the status of the back door.. the kid sounds pretty scared. He says he saw two men with black coats and masks with "automatic" weapons... he also reported two explosions inside the building.

They are reporting at least 8 kids who have been shot and removed from the building, but there are apparently more wounded inside.

The gunmen are still inside. A Police rep says the men have shotguns and semi-auto rifles.

A Police officer declined to guess how many students may be being held hostage, but they are reporting that 90% of the students are accounted for. They also believe that they are wounded students still inside.

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited April 20, 1999).]

one of the 8 victims, a female, was shot 9 times in the chest. I hope everyone survives except the shooters.

Unfortunitely this is going to be used to expand gun control. I bet they won't do anything to expand criminal control like always.

Lets just hope the victims survive.

Guy's.
Please move this over to Thad's thread on General. It's appropriate in either forum but that thread seems to be a bit more developed.
Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back