shooting 6mm flobert from a .22

TheBear

Hi guys,

Can it do any harm to my .22 rifle if i shoot 6mm Floberts with it? I noticed a lot of people doing that, but these two cartridges are different in diameter (5,5mm(.22) and 6mm) so isnt it dangerous/harmfull for the barrel?

I am not sure you could fit a 6mm Flobert into a .22 chamber, but if you can, it should not harm anything unless you get one stuck in the barrel.

My question would be "Why??". 22 Shorts are getting a little more expensive, but the last time I saw 6mm Flobert ammo it was about $30 for a box. For that price, I could buy a brick of 22 Shorts and have enough left over for sodas for the range session.

Why?
Rats in the Basement, a .22 short has still 2-3 times the power of a 6mm Flobert (.22 short: ~50-60 joule, 6mm Flobert: ~15-20 joule) so a .22short would still be too loud/dangerous to shoot in a basement.
At my lokal gunstore, on box of Flobert (100rounds) costs like 15-20$ so its not that expensive.
I know what your thinking: Why doesnt he use an airgun?? Well, powerfull airguns are always so long and heavy and I just wanted to try something different.

Try 22 colibri. Works well on mice/rats. Or 22 shot shells.Way better than floberts. My first house had an unexcavated basement, and critters could get in through the many holes in the foundation. I used 44 special shotloads.

Buy a .177 cal pellet rifle or pistol?

Close up should work well on rats. Should be relatively inexpensive too.

Back