Shooters World Tactical Powder

Wallyl

Have done very well with this powder in the .223 Rem/.22-250 Rem & the .308 Winchester using 55/55/150 grain bullets respectively. I would like to try it in the .243 Win & 7mm-08 calibers using Speer 75 HP/ 130 BTSP respectively. Has anyone tried using this powder/bullet combo in these calibers?

Those are the European Lovex powders, rebranded, which have a good reputation on the other side of the pond. I have been meaning to try them sometime when there's a hazmat fee coupon at midsouth, but I haven't yet, so I can't help with your specifics.

UncleNick, Hazmat at Midsouth is a $16 surcharge on top of shipping. That is the lowest Hazmat I am aware of. I just included a couple of pounds of new powders, and did not need primers, in an order through Midsouth, specifically for that everyday reasonable Hazmat, AND Midsouth does not charge destination address sales tax of 9.ouch% in California. MidwayUSA, for example, does tithe Sacramento. When they have free Hazmat it's even better, but, that is never when they have Varget in stock at the same time.
I did not, however, choose any of the Lovex powders, available at Midsouth because not one showed a clear advantage in my specific calibers and bullets used (I have studied their data). They have to compete with my picks from other manufacturers, and I pick the best fits.
Now, if anyone knows when they will have Alliant R-17 back in stock . . . I would pay their higher prices for Alliant powders I want again.

Last edited:
I did some "research". Tactical is too fast for the .243 Win/7mm-08 for the 75HP/130 BTSP bullets...Their Match Powder is similar to CFE-223/Accurate 2520 and should work. I will try it next month when we have some warmer weather. I have asked Shooters World for some loading data for both and will share it. I live quite far from Midsouth Shooters Supply but stop on my way, when on vacation to pick up supplies. However one must pay TN sales tax which is 10%. On a big order paying Hazmat & shipping is cheaper. I will start with a low charge and work gradually up and use a Chronograph.

In the .243 Win 75 HP 38.0 Tactical I got 2,917 FPS...in the 7mm-08 130 BTSP 38.0 Tactical @ 2,732 FPS. My best loads (accuracy/low spread/decent velocity) .243 Win75 HP/44.5 Big Game @ 3,263 FPS: 7mm-08 Rem 130 BTSP 44.0 Precision @ 2,904 FPS.

Hazmat and shipping fees have nothing to do with the retailer. Both are set by the carrier, not the seller. Hazmat is supposedly to cover the "extra" time it takes for stuff considered 'hazardous' by the DOT.
Some retailers include the Hazmat fee and shipping in their price. If there's no Hazmat fee at Midsouth, it's because they're paying it or it's included. It might be getting paid by the manufacturer. Back in 2017, there was a lot of discussion on Glocktalk about Midway having no fees on CCI primer orders above $150.
Like Nick says, 'Shooter's World' is just the importer.
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....tactical-rifle-smokeless-powder-8-lb-by-lovex

^^^False Post Alert ^^^

Hazmat and shipping fees have nothing to do with the retailer.
False. Completely False. If it were true, then delivered prices would be the same from every retailer.
There are special deals promotions, forms of advertising, and maker specific promotions. But the statement is false, wrong, and mistaken.

Specifically, you will see different prices, different shipping costs and differing Hazmat fees. The ultimate Hazmat cost to the seller may be fixed or not, but the sellers clearly decide how much to retail (mark-up) the HatMat fee. Or they buy the tags in bulk and pass along the savings.

Stating an ignorant opinion as if it were a real fact is an annoying tendency of a certain poster, whom I do not believe has ever paid Hazmat, let alone not knowing of what he wishes to erroneously pontificate about.

From Link provided:

Choose your shipping method

Zip Code: America Great
Subtotal
$218.52
Hazard Fee
$16.00
Est. Shipping
$14.99
Tax
?
$0.00