Shoot or don't shoot?

MEDDAC19

This question is similar to "Property Lines". You're hunting and near a boundary line and a monster buck, elk, bear etc or whatever game is being hunted appears, but it's on the other side of the line. Should you take the shot or let the trophy go? Situation looks like there is little chance of it crossing onto your land. You are clearly on your land or the land you have permission to hunt on. Many hunters here in PA place stands close to property lines too expand their opportunities. In PA you can pursue or track wounded game across lines with prior permission or accompanied by a WCO. But should you shoot when they're over the line or not? Is the bullet trespassing?

I would think the pursuing wounded game provision applies for game shot on your side of the fense that crossed afterwards.

If it's on the other side to begin with, the proper term is POACHING.

And another in agreement - when this many or us are all of the same opinion, it usually means something!

don't go there

Something to always keep in mind, the bush talks, if you know how to read it, dosn't take a lot of brains to find where a animal bolted from, rolled,dropped or ran from.

I've never killed a buck (Quite a few does), and I passed up a large 6 point last year because of just this reason. It was only about 10 feet on the other side of the fence. But it was still on the other side....It was hard to pass up, but in the end it was the right thing to do. Another one will come along someday.

Back