Shirts for concealed carry.

Runs With Fire

My wife and I recently got our Michigan CPL. I have open carried a while now and have been thinking I might as well continue to carry on my right hip owb. ( I have back issues ant think iwb might put too much pressure on nerves.) I would need a longer shirt. It seems the prices are between $50-$100 for a "tactical" or cc shirt. That's alot for a shirt , especialy if you are hard on clothes. I was thinking about the Duluth Trading Company longtail Tshirt. Afordable, and I almost always wear Tshirts. What are some recomendatios?

For casual CCW wear, Dickies work shirts are hard to beat. Reasonably priced, last forever, wash & wear.

Also, about any button-down LS or SS shirt that is a bit loose on your body and does not print will work. As will a similar polo. Dark colors & patterns, and thicker fabric help.

For casual CCW wear, Dickies work shirts are hard to beat. Reasonably priced, last forever, wash & wear.

Also, about any button-down LS or SS shirt that is a bit loose on your body and does not print will work. As will a similar polo. Dark colors & patterns, and thicker fabric help.
I'll look at dickies. FWI i will carry a glock 20 or a remington R51. My wife and I just got our CPL. I'd imagine I will carry the glock and she, the R51. She likes it better anyway. I need a longer shirt ( longer than what I usually wear) to cover the glock.

Knit goods like tee shirts are likely to show the weapon unless they are stupid big. They are too soft and stretchy to keep the gun from printing. You would have to wear one several sizes too large.

Dickies is the best deal I've found for long t-shirts. They're similar to the Carhartt ones that I also like, but they're half the price. I do pretty much all my shirt shopping, be it t-shirt or button-ups (which is what I usually wear day-to-day), at Blain's Farm & Fleet since they stock pretty well in big guy sizes (I'm 6'5" 290). If you happen to have one in your area, I highly recommend them.

That being said, I prefer a button-up with a pattern because I feel like it does a better job breaking up the outline of the gun if needed. If I'm not wearing a button up or a hoodie, I'll pocket carry instead.

+1 on Lamar's response. While not t shirts, Columbia button up shirts are excellent at concealing large pistols OWB. Quite comfy too. I occasionally find them at a place like rose of tjmaxx, usually get them for around 25 bucks each sometimes less.

Drake shirts are the same style as columbia. Never tried wws.

Look at fishing shirts from any reputable maker. There are also some good concealed carry shirts at LA Police Gear at decent prices.

Back