Shirt Pattern Concealment

vytoland

which of these shirt patterns would offer the most concealment?

Attachments

• AAAAA.jpg
    AAAAA.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 323
  • CCCCC.jpg
    CCCCC.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 299
  • DDDDD.jpg
    DDDDD.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 288
BBBBB.jpg Totally invisible. :D

DDDDD.jpg may have the lowest contrast, (as in the other patterns may hide a carry a little better) but alot of this is going to be a function of the background, where you're carrying, how you wear the shirt and any bulges.
Interesting question.

Last edited:
VERY broad question!!!

Concealment where??? in the city, jungle under water????????? At night during the day or just general hiding from someone.

There are a lot of varibles that could be considered.

MK

The second would be best of the three, but a random pattern like hawaiian or other prints would break up outlines the best.

From my standpoint, the patterns look good, . . . but they seemed to be very thin material.

Thin material, . . . ON ME, . . . tends to sometimes hang on the butt end of my 1911, . . . looking like I have something weird growing upward out of my hip.

I prefer heavier material, . . . but that is more personal preference maybe. They seem to hang straighter.

May God bless,
Dwight

Dwight 55-Thin material, . . . ON ME, . . . tends to sometimes hang on the butt end of my 1911, . . . looking like I have something weird growing upward out of my hip.

Hahahaha. Thats funny I know exactly what you mean. To the OP all those shirts look sufficient to cover most firearms. That is the type of shirt I'm usually wearing when carrying. I like the short sleeves in summer but it still conceals and is comfortable. I agree you might need a little heaver material like Dwight said. An occasional snag with my S&W1911 occurs as well. Still, lighter material conceals well for me also. Im 5' 8" 170lbs but can conceal a full size 1911 well, go figure. I guess you just cant beat single stacks;).

I think the 1st two would probably do a little better job.

But, my belief is the clothes used for CC should help you blend in to the crowd.

For example:

In Sc where I live beach and golf wear are very common. So, polos & beach shirts are fine in most places.
But,
some places that you may go, people will be wearing more "casual" wear in "muted" tones. In a case like that, you go with clothes that will help you blend in.

The point being: "Try to blend in; NOT stand out."
just my .o2c

I think the vertical stripes would work pretty well.
any changes in the pattern are likely to confuse more than anything.

Straight lines reveal underlying objects. --quote from above..

Yea, I kinda forgot that. Remember when there was a homeconing queen contest. The one in the strips won...by a big margin.

Back