Shipping once fire brass

Fusion

I'm pretty sure I know the laws, but I want to double check. It's perfectly legal to ship once fired brass via USPS, UPS, or FedEx without any special markings on the box correct? Obviously loaded ammo or brass with live primers would be a different story.

Primed brass, IIRC, isn't a different story. And you can ship primed brass without having to be charged a hazmat fee...

And you can freely ship once fired brass without labeling it ORM-D or anything of the sort...

Tuttle8 said:
Primed brass, IIRC, isn't a different story. And you can ship primed brass without having to be charged a hazmat fee...

Primed brass is excepted from the DOT Hazardous Materials regulations in domestic transportation. However, the USPS specifically prohibits the mailing of primed brass.

I ship my spent brass back to a reloader all the time. I can get 2,000 9x19 cases into a USPS Priority Mail ten buck box, easily the cheapest way to do it. No special labels or procedures.

Cordially, Jack

Primed brass is excepted from the DOT Hazardous Materials regulations in domestic transportation. However, the USPS specifically prohibits the mailing of primed brass.

Thanks for the correction, EOD. Guess I didn't recall correctly after all...

Back