Shipping muzzle loaders?

M4Sherman

Do I have to use a FFL to ship a black powder muzzle loader? the reason I ask is I have a friend who wants to sell me his mossberg 500 but I have to take the muzzle loaders in the deal and I have no need or want of them.

Well I am in TN so that should be no problem. is there a way to check which states require muzzleloaders to be a FFL transfer.

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/faq.php#q7

What restrictions apply to shipping muzzleloading firearms?

Muzzleloaders, by virtue of the fact that they do not fire fixed ammunition, are considered antique firearms under The Gun Control Act of 1968 and are not restricted in trade by any federal law or regulation. This applies to both antique and new made muzzleloaders. There may be state or local ordinances which restrict our ability to ship direct to the customer. Residents of HI, NJ, MA and MI are urged to check their state and local laws for any restrictions on ordering black powder firearms. Dixie's black powder cartridge guns can only be shipped to a federally licensed dealer. In order to ship to the dealer, we must have a signed copy of the dealer's Federal Firearms License on file. If you are interested in ordering an FFL gun you should make arrangements with a local dealer to take delivery. This is a common practice and the dealer will usually charge only a nominal fee to complete the transfer.

You might have a hang-up at the local post office. These mini-bureaucrats with inflated egos have a way of making things difficult even though shipping might be legal. Save yer breath, logic does not apply. Ship via UPS or FedEx. No problemo.

Hey the USPS is a block away and the Fed-ex and UPS stores are in the same parking lot as my work, so as long as their are no restrictions I do not give a hoot how it ships. TIME DO GET MY SHOTTY

Back