shipping brass, have a question

405boy

Does anyone know if there is any law against shipping fired brass to another person? I have some brass for sale and I need to ship it to the buyer, but just want to check and see if that is legal since it is not "live" or "loaded" ammo, just the brass casings. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

shouldnt be a problem.... its just brass metal when not loaded... i have bought several thousands of once fired from both private and commercial parties... all shipped via usps and no problems.

I have shipped a lot of brass USPS in their Priority flat rate boxes. if you have a lot of brass to ship it is the way to go. Seems I recall I could get around 4000 rounds of 9mm or 2000 of .45ACP in one of those boxes. I didn't ship enough 40 or 38spl to jog my memory.

Under the insane gun laws here in Massachusetts, brass and other components are regulated as "ammunition" and the AG claims that you need a Massachusetts ammo dealers license to sell such obviously dangerous items as spent brass to Massachusetts subjec . . , er, residents. That is of course unconstitutional, as the point of sale for mail orders is considered to be where the merchandise is given to the carrier, and therefore the state where the material is received does not have jurisdiction. Regardless, some dealers - including all of the really large mail order houses - have caved under threat of lawsuit, some others - generally smaller, so thinking they'll hide in the weeds - have not, and individuals for the most part fly under the radar.

Of course, you can hurt someone with spent brass. Ever step on them barefoot in the dark? They're worse than matchbox cars.

Seriously though, spent brass shouldn't be restricted. I'm surprised that it comes into play even in highly restricted states like MA.

ship your brass in a USPS Priority flat rate box........its probably the least expensive

you may want to put your brass in plastic bags you get from kmart or ? so that it doesnt rattle around and attrack the curious

Back