shipment dilemma

ks_wayward_son

Hey gents. I recently bought a Mosin from SOG and am anxious for its receipt, however that's sort of a problem in itself, I guess. I have kind of a strange work schedule, and am not always available to receive packages that may be delievered to my "premisis". Of course, whenever buying any firearm from a source, the requirement will be "Adult Signature Required". As strict as BATF is about their regs, I don't think it would be kosher to simply write a note to the delivery person to just deliver it to my workplace. Called the Bureau and asked them, and they said the alternative location would need to be noted, and Im guessing a C&R premisis ammendment would be in effect for this. Man, it seems like it would be a pain to then have remail/resend the information again to all the dealers out there. I guess I didn't really think this whole thing through, and maybe I am just making a mountain out a mole hill. Has anybody else ran into a situation like this? I am trying to do
all this stuff by the book.

No doubt, Noyes. I could use a few of those anyways, but with all the gunnery I'm looking to get my grubby little paws on, those sick and vacation days would burn to naught in no time. ;)

I've had rifles delivered by the PO, FedEx and UPS. Never signed for any of them, they well just leave them in the entry way if I'm not home. I've had to sign for ammo. I think it's up to the shipper if the want a signature. There is no law requiring it.

Do you have an Adult that can wait there for the package to arrive, A Wife, Girlfriend, Relative, Friend, Old Army Buddy?
Someone would probably like to spend a day watching your TV, and Raiding your Fridge waiting for the Brown Truck of Happiness:D

They will either just leave it or will leave a note saying they couldn't leave it and that you can pick it up at their depot or call and have it delivered at a time someone will be home.

Jim

Ok, the things you can do:

1) leave note for the item to be delivered at the neighbor's. (IF the neighbor is o.k. with this.)

2) wait until the first delivery attempt, then call with the hang tag #, and request to pick it up at the terminal. (Typically, you are not allowed to do anything until they have attempted delivery.)

3) have a friend spend the day at your home.

4) don't worry so much. ;)

just call FedEx or UPS, give the customer service agent your tracking number and tell them you would like it to be held for pickup at the terminal. No need to wait until they attempt delivery one time (at least not for FedEx anyway.. I work there) Go pick it up after work, and poof problem solved.

Back