Shim or Washer for switching between magnum and spl dies

BondoBob

I had seen a video on youtube on reloading using a washer to avoid having to reset dies between 38 and 357. This seemed like a great time saver. I don't know what it was called or where to get it. I'm assuming it's a bit more precise than just eyeballing some washers at Homedepot. Anyone know where to get this? The video didn't say and now I cant find it.

My RCBS 38spl/357Magnum die set came with the washer/spacer you mention.

All my RCBS 38/357 die sets came with one too. Same with 44 Spl/Mag. I think I have like six or seven of them.

BondoBob, if you have a few dollars to kick around, you should consider buying an RCBS taper crimp die set. You mentioned loading plated bullets, I believe? Taper crimping is the way to go with plated bullets. It's also the way to go for lead wadcutter bullets (which I've been meaning to recommend to you from your previous posts). All my 38 Spl ammo is taper crimped, save +P JHP's.

So you'd get the spacer ring you need, as well as a taper crimp die - two birds, one stone, so to speak. Not to mention that RCBS dies are top-notch ;).

Back