Shield 40

nanney1

Any fans of the M&P Shield in .40 S&W? Anyone carry one daily? Shoot regularly at the range?

Tried one out at my range this weekend and I liked it. It was a 2.0 model. The recoil was definitely stouter than my 9mm's or my Glock 22, but it wasn't unmanageable. Accuracy was good.

I like the .40 S&W caliber, but I'm just not sure it's the best choice for a single stack sub compact. Seems like those size guns are really more for 9mm. But, the Shield 40 was fun to shoot.

I have an original version of the 9 Shield and like it a lot. If I was going to lose a round I'd rather move up to the 45 Shield. As a disclaimer I'm more of a 9 and 45 fan than I am 40, even though I think the three are realistically pretty much interchangeable.

If you like the .40,,,,you should shoot the original shield in .45. The recoil is more of a push than the snappy recoil of the .40

It also has a better trigger, and a more aggressive grip texture. I carry this one most of the time.

I have the 9 the 40 and the 45...………. Great guns!

I have a 40 Shield pre 2.0. Originally I wanted to put a hammer to it. However I put a Apex Duty/Carry trigger in it and replaced the recoil spring with one of stainless steel. The gun went from an ugly witch to a cherished angel.

I also have a Shield 45 2.0 with a green Crimson Trace laser and I liked it so much that I got the Performance Center Shield 45. All three are exceptional weapons and are rotated for carry. All are very accurate for small guns.

I've shot the Shield in 40 and the Walther PPS M1 in 40. I liked both and would feel safe with either, but I ultimately decided to just keep the Walther and let the Shield go. The Walther just fits me better. I have had people ask and I tell them to look at both and pick the one that feels best to you. They are both great carry guns.

Back