Shield 2.0 45 FTF

Groundhog34

I have a Shield 2.0 in 45. It is very accurate and reliable except for Sig hollow points. I have had several FTF with this ammo. The spent shell ejects but the following round gets stuck on the feed ramp. I have had no issues with any other ammo. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Call S&W to see if your pistol has the updated mag followers. They sent me the newer followers no charge which resolved similar issues with mine

I have the 4" PC version of that same pistol. Mine has the updated followers. It also had some FTF issues that sounded a lot like that. I sent it back once, they did something (don't recall what) and sent it back to me. It still had FTFs when I got it back, but it seems to be breaking in. For whatever all that is worth.

I took it back out today with all 4 magazines that have the new follower. 200 rounds of various ammo including the Sig that cause earlier problems. No problems at all so I am going to attribute the FTF to the old follower. S&W says they are sending me a new follower WHEN they come back in stock. Fortunately I have 4 good magazines.

Back