Shepherd Dual Reticle Scopes

PKAY

I posted earlier regarding advice on scoping a Ruger 10-22. Two TFL'ers were kind enough to reply with their recommendations. However, I've been reading about the Shepherd Dual Reticle Scope for awhile. I've been to their web site as well. This is the "one shot zeroing" scope using dual reticles and rangefinder circles. Has anyone used this scope? Is it worthwhile or are there problems with it. Thanks for your comments in advance.

------------------
Safe shooting - PKAY

I picked up one of their scopes for my 10-22 about 3 years ago.I had my doubts at first,but I figured if it worked as good as they said,it would at least triple the range of my .22,which is cheaper than the cost of a new centerfire/scope.On a calm day,everything within 250 yds is MINE! My farthest hit has been at about 450 yards (the 23rd shot from my butlercreek 25 rd mag!)If the wind is blowing more than 15MPH,forget it.But that is caused more by the limitatiions of a 22lr past 100 yards.As for the sighting in of these scopes,I've personally sighted in 4 of them (2 .22's &2 cenerfires).It was easy to sight them in,although a little harder than they decribe,mainely because you need to have the gun rested securely.One other note have mounted about 10 of them on 10-22's (I worked for a dealer) and have found that for some reason,it was necessary to shim the rear of the base to get enough elevation.

Thanks for the reply. I am continuing my research on this scope.

------------------
Safe shooting - PKAY

Back