Sheath for M9130?

Nick9130White

I was at the range Sunday, and I had the bayonet on my Mosin, pointed up of course and the reason I didn't take it off is cause it's a pita to get that damn thing off, but one of the employees told me to either sheath it or take it off. Since I didn't have a sheath, I took it off. But do they make sheaths for my bayonet?
Or could I mount the foldable bayonet on it? Those are pretty cool looking. I dont know what MN those came off though.

Mosin's, at least M44's, are notorious for not shooting straight without the bayonet extended.

besides... how are you supposed to finish off the paper infidel without your trusty 18" bayonet? :p

IIRC the Tsarist Army and then the Red Army rarely issued sheaths for their M-N bayonets. They either left them fixed or reversed.

The only actual Russian scabbard (sheath) I have ever seen (and only a photo at that) was made as an integral part of the scabbard for a Cossack sabre.

The scabbards in the GB link above are repros of Finnish issue, and not original Russian.

there allways got to be that one employee , gee ya might stab somebody with that long screwdriver mounted on a loaded rifle. Anybody got a cap from a bic pen to stick over end to appese Ralph Nader here?:rolleyes:

lol.. yeah I've had a few range safety officers tell me to fold over the M44 bayonet. Whatever... its their range so I comply. Not like I'm going to get in an argument with an SO over a bayonet :p

P99, you justgave me an idea.

That SO had a stick up where that sun don't shine.

What fun is it shooting a MN without a handy dandy screw driver at the tip?

Psh, what gun case?

Its quite appeareant that both SO's had no idea why somebody had a fixed bayonet at "his" range...so they were saving you from yourselves! If they knew a darn thing about mosins, they would have known exactly what you both were doing ,and that it had to do with point of impact. But since old rush'kin rifles arent thier cup of tea..they refer back to thier normal judgement that everyone but them is nuts and /or incompetent.
And yes I have worked at a gun range/worked as a RO/Instructed people learning to shoot machine guns.

Mosins didnt come with a scabbard as it was mandatory that the bayonette be fixed at all times when on land. Take it off, leave it off and drift the front sight to correct for the new windage.

Back