Sharp's 1A 22 LR

Fingers McGee

Well, it's not a revolver; but is a 4 shot. And, it's not blackpowder; but they originally used BP rounds; so......Here it is.

Just got it back from my gripmaker after he put a set of American Holly grips on it. Gave him my short barreled 1860 Armies to put holly on next. Will post pictures when I get them back - he says about 2 weeks.

DSCN2124_zpsfda5dce3.jpg

BTW, for those interested, there is a Uberti Sharp's replica on GB right now. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=424414512

Very nice Fingers! Those grips are beautiful - great fit! That 3 banger looks like fun gun! I can see that tucked into the vest pocket of a river boat gambler! :)

How does holly hold up as a working grip?
It more like ivory than some of the white plastic imitations and would be attractive on a lot of different models.

Holly holds up real well. I've got a pair of '61 navies with 7 year old Holly grips. I've been shooting them in CAS matches for 7 years. They have a few dings and dents and discoloration from hard use; but, they still get confused for Ivory and draw comments. I also have a pair of 2nd Gen Navies that have 10 year old Holly Grips. They have also held up well; although I have shot the '61s more. Had the 2nd gen grips laser checkered a couple years ago just for something different. They look great.

BTW BBB - it's a four banger, not 3 banger. Fat fingers?

Back